Fılıpallah

beautiful blog full of ınteresting things about everything and in all languages. in six months the objective is to become the new wikipedia...

Monday, November 07, 2005

The Cabbage Theory: Chapter Four

Chapter four
The intriguing question

One day I was going to school walking through a neighbourhood with little stores that have tables with fruits and vegetables in the sidewalk so that they can catch that nice flavour from the petrol fumes the cars expel. It was 8 a.m. and infortunatly rush hour: 13 old ladies per m² with their room slippers, aprons and shopping bags buying everything that crosses their almost non-existent visual fiel. Usually I take a look at the inside of the shops and at the people but that day I was specially distracted directing my eyes towards the sky which is an interesting exercise.
After a while I heard a “ploc”... I stoped immediatly. Looked at the ground and saw...a lettuce! A lettuce? A lettuce. I searched around but in spite of the rush hour like if it was a miracle there was nobody at least in a radius of 5 metres. How could that lettuce have fallen from the table? It could only be a sign from the lettuces all over the world. The question was imminent: was it a sign of support or a warning? Were they expressing themselves in my favour or against me in the fight with the cabbages? My first impulse was to think that it was an attempt to intimidate me so that I would stop alerting the population about the vegetables of darkness. The falling lettuce almost touched my body; it nearly hit me what could have caused permanent physical and psychological damages. Even so I thought twice. What if it was a demonstration of affection for the humanity? What if it was one “We are with you! Hang on! You can do it!”? One has to take in consideration that despite the blood relations between these two families of vegetables, despite the brotherhood, despite their common origin; there is a well-known hostility that since ancient times ruled their connection. What is left to understand is if based on this ravine that always existed the lettuces joined us and intend to fight till the last leaf or if by the contrary the cabbages managed to get them through lies and traps preventing them from using their free-will and sentencing them to an eternity as zombies and slaves of the evil beings. No! Only if we can’t stop them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home